Invest in stocks! This will help you in growing the money you have set aside, be at some work and reap the rewards altogether in the future. Investing in stocks is the best way to invest for beginners to gain investment experience. Moreover, there is the risk of loss too so don’t invest with an impression that you will just gain and no loss will occur. Reasons for investing in stocks can be:
- Ability to vote shares in order to influence the company you invest in.
- Capital appreciation that occurs due to a rise in price.
- Dividend payments are received when the company distributes its profits to the shareholders after announcing it.
What are factors to be considered while investing in stocks?
- Stability – one of the important factors to consider before you invest in any stocks. The company whose stock you are planning on buying should show stability. Moreover, all companies have a period where the value of the stocks takes a dip. But don’t focus much on the company’s difficult period and focus on overall stability. A high fluctuating stock is a red flag, you should avoid volatile ones.
- Earnings Growth – of the company that is selling stocks is important to consider. Moreover, you can check the company’s profit by looking at the income. Look at the trends and know the earnings increasing steadily and consistently.
- The Management – the should be innovative, have a good culture, and know the company’s competency. The reputation should not be scandalous or hurt.
- Dividends – A company is competent to pay-out dividends when it is stable. Companies that give high yield give out the sign of instability. A company that pays dividends means it is not going to re-invest it. The best company is the one with regular modest dividend payments that are timely.
- Price-to-Earnings Ratio – considers the price and earnings of the company which is very important to be known. Additionally, the price-to-earnings ratio of the company depends on the fundamental and investment analysis.
Before investing in stocks you must have a CDS Account. Find the best discount broker from the list of top stock broking companies in Kenya. Check detailed information and ratings of stock brokers based on our unique scoring system. What are the benefits and risks of investing in stocks?
- The potential of growth that is capital appreciation is a great benefit over a long period. Investors who have a will to invest for a long period of 10-15 years have received the rewards of patience in terms of positive returns.
- The risk on the other side is the prices can go down as well. No guarantee is given for any stock’s upward moment and you might end losing all your investments.
- A company may go bankrupt and liquidate all of its assets. A common stockholder is the last one to receive the proceeds in share hence has a residual claim. There is a possibility you might not receive anything at the end of the line.
- The company which is not in danger also has a volatile share price so there is always the risk of volatility.
- Market fluctuations can affect the price of the stock of any company but the factor that highly affects the stock price is the internal factor. Factors like faulty products or events that the company has no control over, etc.
- Stocks have other benefits like dividends, voting rights, rights issues, etc.
What is the right time to invest in stocks?
Every investor whether it be a new one or a seasoned one wants to know what is the best time to buy or sell stocks? Additionally, there are basic rules that will provide you with better profits and minimize your risks. If you have your trading account and are still learning then here are the best 4 recommendations for knowing the right time to invest in the stocks of the stock market.
- Best Time of the Day: For intraday traders, this is the best question that is answered to know what time is perfect to buy/sell the stocks in a day. To mark the profits within a single day this is very important to know. It’s not like you have to handcuff yourself to the computer screen in order to monitor the markets each moment. Moreover, too many hours of you watching graphs and charts will just get you mental fatigue and confusion. The volatility of the market and also the volume traded drops after the first 90 minutes of opening. According to this analysis, the best time to trade is 9:30 am to 10:30 am. The trading starts at 9:15 am where the market is responding to yesterday’s news so the first 15 minutes should be avoided.
- Most Favorable conditions: Most suitable time to buy a stock is when the price is low. Though there is a risk that the price may even go further down but buying at a low price is a safer way to purchase rather than at a higher price. The best time to invest in F&O (Futures and Options) is when the OI (Open Interest) is low. Low OI indicates that people are keen to sell and there are lower buy rates.
- Most Lucrative Day: Monday is the best day of the week to buy stocks and Friday is the best day to sell off the stocks. There is a logic behind this which is on Monday prices are low and on Friday prices are the highest of all stocks.
- Other factors: Keep track of the share price of the chosen stock to have the knowledge of the good time to purchase. There is an indicator named Moving Averages that will enable you with the information of the range of highest and lowest the price of the share has been. If there is a piece of good news or news for dividend pay-outs then the price of the stock rises.
Investing is a way that will help the money you have set aside, be at some work and reap the rewards altogether in the future. Reasons for investing in stocks involve the ability to influence the company, capital appreciation, and dividend payments. We have also mentioned what are the right timings for investing in stocks. This knowledge will enable you to make better investing in stocks and earn higher returns. Check out the Basics in Forex trading.